Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's the use of an e-mail client when you have free e-mail like Gmail & Yahoo! Mail?

Email client works as an extension of those web-based emails. You can set up an Gmail and an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird to use POP3 protocol to fetch email from gmail. This would make you have no need to open the web-based email, and you can just use bandwidth on background to download the emails, as not to disturb your surfing so much.





And if you're someone that gets, for example 100 emails a day (and none of the 100 are spams) and you're using a time-based Internet subscription, like dialups, you can download the emails, leave the computer for a while to download the email, then disconnect after downloading finished, compose a reply offline, then reconnect, send the reply, back to offline again. Less time online = less payment. I know, nowadays, less and less people uses dialups, but there are some people that still have that.





I am no fan of email client, and I always open my emails using the web-based interface, except at one time, when I'm just trying if email client would make me more comfortable using it, well I found it's somewhat comfortable, but still, I switched back to using the web-based interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment