Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have a gmail account besides Yahoo free mail; gmail uses SMTP; what can I do to get proper authorisation ??

What can I do to let me send out email when Yahoo blocks my SMTP authorization? I have gmail and Charter and Windows mail; do I have to change the default mail program? I keep getting a message that tells me check my user name and password; should I come up with two different words for these two items? I found a tutorial and I feel I followed directions correctly but no luck; there's something I don't know; anyone out there to help a senior citizen? My computer is the Nokia 800 and uses wifi. TIA
I have a gmail account besides Yahoo free mail; gmail uses SMTP; what can I do to get proper authorisation ??
If you are trying to use the free Yahoo mail with an email client (program) you can't. They will only let you have POP (incoming mail) and SMTP (outgoing mail) to use with your client if you pay for it. But why bother? Just log into your mail at mail.yahoo.com and use it for free with nothing to configure.
Reply:only for gmail.





http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answe...
naming

No comments:

Post a Comment